OGame

|
I started playing a free browser mmo called OGame. It's your standard planets, resources, fleets of ships, attacking, defending, etc. Best of all it's free. If you want to sign up, we're playing in Universe 31. Within these universes there are Alliances that may be at war, may be available to trade goods, or to have the back of a friend who has 50 Deathstars headed their way. Our Alliance has decided to revamp it's name and look and here are some suggestions I have come up with. This may not be all of them because I have more in my head but time is always a factor. To my fellow Alliance members who are here to check them out, welcome!

1. Space Banditos


















The name "Space Banditos" is from an episode of Futurama where the crew is guarding a single atom of Jumbonium. When the atom is stolen Leela asks,
"Did you hear maracas?"
"No."
"Then it wasn't Space Banditos."
The image is from Coelasquid. Typeface: Bleeding Cowboys


2. Galactic Cattle Rustlers


















The name for this one I came up with myself. I mean think about it, years in the future when the cow has become nearly extinct people will be willing to pay anything for a good burger. Cattle rustling sees a new upsurge as one alliance attempts to hold the universe's meat supply within it's grasp.
Then I found the image from Bergam. Typeface: Nashville


3. Initech


















This is obviously from the classic Mike Judge movie "Office Space". This picture I composed myself. The Initech logo, and all that I could find, was rather low quality. Too low to have in the forefront without it being so glaringly pixelated. In order to fix that I decided to make it like a water marked legal pad given out to Initech employees. Michael Bolton has left Peter a note about getting the memo letting all employees know that cover sheets need to be on the new TPS Reports. Lumbergh, the Division VP, gently breaks the ice before having Peter work the weekend. Finally, Peter himself writes to himself the companies motivational slogan before changing it to what he feels is a more adequate question. The coffee stain ring shows how he has hidden it from his 8 bosses along with the CDEF virus that he and his friends would later inflict on the payroll department.
Typefaces: Bring Tha Noize, SF Burlington Script, Journal


4. Monkey With A Gun


















Steve wanted something funny and different. So I thought what about "monkeys with handguns". It's funny and dangerous on many levels, I mean who knows what would happen if monkeys everywhere were armed. Spider Monkeys brandishing weapons in each hand, foot, as well as tail. I don't know about you but any creature able to hold you up with 5 guns is worthy of fear and respect. As I thought about the name more it solidified into "Monkey With A Gun". I googled up an image and behold the cold blooded chimp assassin.
Typeface: You Are Loved


5. Bored Ornithologists for the Ongoing Blue-foot Interplanetary Eradication Society














Yes, we are all a bit childish sometimes even me. Each Alliance is also given a "tag" which is just an abbreviation from you name. We would be known throughout the universe as the B.O.O.B.I.E.S whose sole purpose was to wipe the Blue-footed Booby out of existence. Little did we know that when space travel became widely accessible that the Blue-foot would sneak into cargo containers, weapons crates, etc. bound for the farthest reaches of the universe. Soon the Blue-foot was a menace, devouring the natural resources of once great planets. Our preferred method of destruction is to park a couple million miles away from a black hole open the bay doors and let them be sucked into a quantum singularity. Now that's a job well done.
Typeface: Victor

That's all I have at the moment. I may have more later when I have the time.

4 comments:

Rybear said...

In case you were wondering, "Monkey With A Gun" was victorious.

Fear our bestial wrath!

Elaine said...

Not bad, but I was partial to the "Space Banditos". :)

Admin said...

Everything you need for OGame in one place www.OGAMEBLOG.com
Improve Your OGame Play
Tool, Tips, Cheats, News, Videos, Pictures, Dictionary, Skins, Strategies, Calculators, and much more.

Unknown said...

Remarkable video, actually a pleasant quality, this YouTube video touched me a lot in terms of features.

-------------------------------------
News on ripple

Post a Comment